Sunday, July 20, 2008

house warming


I've moved my blog. it was on a whim but i decided that i haven't been blogging enough lately to bother paying for a blog anymore, and i really like blogger more anyway so, here i am.

To celebrate my move, i have a brand new finished object. My Central Park Hoodie! I wore it all over yesterday and i LOVE it!! I finished it on Friday night and brought it straight to work to wear in the office. I keep forgetting about the whole "seam allowance" thing and i've realized that I need to knit the next larger size or add on an additional 2-3 stitches on each side to allow for the half inch that I lose every time I seam something. But I finally did a good job with the finishing and it came out really nice for once. I feel like a real knitter now!

As for my Petticoat Socks, I don't think that they're going to work out for me. I've played with the pattern as much I figure I can without changing the whole look of the pattern and it's still to tight. Although, I just now thought of a way to make it work...so I guess it's back to the drawing board again with these. They're just too pretty to give up on. I also have a shawl to knit for me, a new pair of socks for my mom per her request, and a hat for my friend Matt who's a rock-in-roll god. Lead singer of the band Days Unknown, and completely sweet, not to mention hot and SINGLE ladies!! Check out his band.

2 comments:

carie said...

i love this hoodie! It is beautiful and you did a great job. It looks like a machine did it. I guess that is what you are now, and knitting machine.

Welcome to the blogger world where thing are free, fun, and coated in chocolate.

Kristen Wilde said...

Yay, blogger! Congrats on finishing that beautiful sweater!